Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze in Lansford
Firefighters in Carbon County were busy dealing with a two alarm house fire this morning.
The fire broke out Tuesday morning inside a home at 7 N. Walnut Street in Lansford.
Officials said one was injured in the fire. A three-year-old puppy was found dead in the home.
The fire was placed under control at 10:25 a.m., officials said.
The home suffered fire damage on the first floor and heavy smoke damage on the first and second floors. There was some minor smoke damage to neighboring row home at 5 N. Walnut Street.
The fire appears to have started in a faulty outlet, officials said.
Four people are displaced from 7 N. Walnut. Officials say the residents at 5 N. Walnut will be able to reenter their home once the power is back home.
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.