Pizza place burns in Monroe County
Munchy's Pizzeria goes up in flames in Stroud Twp.
A pizza place in Monroe County went up in flames Sunday night, officials said.
The fire started around 10:30 p.m. at Munchy's Pizzeria, 1533 N. 9th St. in Stroud Township.
A woman nearby heard an explosion, went outside and saw smoke and flames coming from the pizza shop, officials said.
Route 611 in the area was closed for a while so crews could battle the flames.
Investigators have not determined what sparked the fire.
Another business, known as Oasis on 611 Hair and Nail Salon, was also damaged in the fire.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.