Officials now say careless smoking or a lit candle could be to blame for a fire at an upscale condominium complex that left one man dead.
Police and firefighters were called to the Four Seasons at Camelback Resort in Tannersville around 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning.
Two people had to be rescued from an upstairs room in the condo, according to officials.
89-year-old William Smolinsky was found unconscious near a second floor bathroom. His daughter, 51-year-old Karen Larocca, was also found in the living room area. Both were taken to nearby medical facilities.
State Police announced later Sunday morning that Smolinsky had died while in intensive care at Pocono Medical Center. The Monroe Co. coroner says Smolinsky's autopsy showed he died of smoke inhalation.
Larocca remains in Lehigh Valley Hospital, officials say. There is no word on her condition.