PALMERTON, Pa. -

Fire crews rescued one person who was trapped in their apartment when a fire broke out in their building.

Around 2:00pm Tuesday, crews were called to the Harvard Apartments in Palmerton Carbon County.

The fire chief tells 69 News a man was cooking in his apartment when grease caught fire.

It gutted his apartment but crews were able to contain the fire, the chief said.  Surrounding apartments did sustain some water and smoke damage.

No one was hurt in the fire.  One person was rescued through his window because he wasn't able to leave his apartment. 

Firefighters were also able to rescue all the pets in the building.