Fire injures Wyomissing homeowner; cat revived with oxygen

Person injured in Wyomissing house fire

WYOMISSING, Pa. - One person was taken to the hospital after a house fire in Berks County.

Firefighters were dispatched around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to the 400 block of Oley Street in Wyomissing.

The first firefighters on the scene found flames coming from the back of the home and heavy smoke in the front.

About 40 firefighters from several fire companies helped fight the fire. They got it under control about 45 minutes later, officials said.

The homeowner was taken to Reading Hospital for treatment of minor burns, officials said.

Fire officials also said a cat was found in the home and was revived using an animal oxygen mask. The cat is recovering at a local animal hospital.

The home is uninhabitable, but it is not a total loss, according to fire officials, who estimated damage to be worth about $200,000. They have not determined what sparked the fire.

DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

This Week's Circulars



Berks Area News

Latest From The Newsroom