BERKS CO., Pa. - Two Berks county stores have sold winning lottery tickets.
Rutter's in Hamburg sold a Pennsylvania Lottery Powerball with Power Play ticket worth $2 million for the Saturday, Oct. 6 drawing.
The winner bought the ticket with a Power Play multiplier and the winning ticket matched all five of the white balls drawn. Rutter's will receive a $10,000 bonus.
"That's pretty awesome. Hamburg is not a big town so it's kind of cool to know it happened around here," said Theresa Driesbach.
Boyer's Food Market in Fleetwood also sold a jackpot-winning Cash 5 ticket worth $300,000 for the Friday, Oct. 5 drawing. The store earned a $500 bonus.
"I'm happy for the store because it really supports the community and hires a lot of teenagers and its got a lot of nice people working there," said Linda Frey.
Winners for both tickets are unknown. Anyone holding the winning tickets should sign the tickets and contact the nearest lottery office.
"I hope they put it to good use. I hope they don't just spend it and regret it a little later so I hope they think about it before they spend it," said Driesbach.
- Interactive World War II museum coming to Boyertown
- Smoking transformer shuts down Lancaster Ave. in Cumru Twp.
- Police identify individuals involved in fight near high school
- Police identify suspect involved in Oley Twp. construction company thefts
- Berks commissioners approve induction of World War I heroes
- Gov. Wolf announces funds to clean up Berks Co. former industrial sites
- Federal prosecutors open clergy abuse probe in Pennsylvania
- Over 200 animals removed from Upper Hanover Township home
- Allentown Diocese receives federal subpoena
- 240 animals seized from Montco home related to Macungie case
- Beaglemania! Adoption process begins for rescued dogs
- Updated Man stabbed in neck in Allentown, 1 taken into custody
- Lehigh Valley Cancer Institute gets new mobile exam coach
- Allentown School District Foundation receives $116,000 grant
- Car hits pole on Route 22
- Behind the Ballot: New Jersey's 7th District