READING, Pa. - Police have arrested a woman as a second suspect in the killing of a man whose body was found on the parking lot of the GoggleWorks.
Angelica Borrero was apprehended Wednesday morning, police said. Borrero, 40, is facing a second degree murder charge in connection with the deadly shooting of Alexander Stewart on May 16.
Under the guise of a possible drug deal, police said Borrero and Jacob Santiago lured Stewart to the 200 block of Walnut Street for the sole purpose of robbing him, but it turned deadly when police said Santiago shot Stewart as Stewart tried to run away.
"Appears to be a setup robbery. Angelica was one of the participants to facilitate the meeting, which turned into the shooting death of Mr. Stewart," said Capt. Damond Kloc, Reading Police Department.
The wounded Stewart made his way to the 100 block of Thorn Street, outside the GoggleWorks, where he collapsed and died of a gunshot wound to the back, officials said. His body was later found by a pair of passersby.
Santiago, 34, was arrested on Monday inside his home in the 300 block of McKnight Street in Reading and charged with first, second and third degree murder and robbery. He was committed to the Berks County Jail without bail.
Police say there are more persons of interest in the case. The investigation is ongoing.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart