READING, Pa. - Four people were displaced by a fire that damaged a home in Reading on Sunday.
The fire was reported shortly before 12:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of Centre Avenue, about three blocks south of FirstEnergy Stadium.
Needing additional manpower, officials struck a second alarm about a half hour later, bringing to the scene firefighters from Wyomissing, and Muhlenberg and Bern townships.
The firefighters said they had a tough time reaching the fire because of several sections of the second floor being compromised. They also had difficulty opening the rear roof.
No one was injured.
Investigators said they determined an electrical malfunction sparked the fire between the first and second floors.
In a world as polarized as ours, two cornerstones of convenience store satisfaction separate us like nothing else.Read More »
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Funeral draws hundreds for boy, 12, born with half a heart
- VF Outlet adjusting to new home at 'The Knitting Mills'
- Southwest offers apology, $5K to passengers on damaged jet
- Wrong-way driving precedes crash on Route 61 in Berks
- Plane passenger dilemma: Protect child or try to save victim
- 69 News and Dorney Park hold 2nd annual food drive Saturday
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- Updated Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet
- Allentown dietician joins 69 News to discuss healthy, plant-based diets