READING, Pa. - 515 Moss Street in Reading is an address with which police said they have become quite familiar in recent months.
RPD vice officers returned to that address early Sunday morning to serve the latest in a series of search warrants.
They said they arrived to find the front door barricaded with a pool table and two people inside attempting to flee through the backdoor, which was fortified with a wooden 2x4 and heavy-duty brackets.
A third person was found in a second-floor bedroom, while a fourth tried to flee through a third-floor window and onto the roof, according to court documents. He was later found hiding in a small storage area on the third floor.
As a result of their search, police said they seized 200 packets of heroin packaged for street sales, cash, drug ledgers, and various drug paraphernalia.
"It should be noted that 515 Moss Street is used solely as a point of street sales only," Reading police Ofc. Brian Errington wrote in the affidavit of probable cause. "This address is not being used as a living quarters."
Police said vice officers have executed three search warrants relative to drug sales at the home within the past six months.
"Numerous amounts of illegal controlled substances and multiple firearms have been seized from these search warrants... which led to numerous arrests," Errington wrote.
The four suspects arrested Sunday -- Elbin Ortiz, 22; Karen Britt, 31; Adrienne Kohler, 32; and Angel Rodriguez, 39 -- were charged with numerous drug offenses and committed to the Berks County Jail on $100,000 bail each.
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Change of plans: Bear Creek to extend season a few more days
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Weekend weather a pot of gold at the end of a cold week
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News
- Irish dancers perform for 69 News
- Updated Police looking for assault suspect