READING, Pa. - Four alleged drug dealers being sought by Berks County authorities have been nabbed in Florida.
Members of the U.S. Marshals' Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force apprehended Luis Ramirez, 23; Edwin Colon, 34; Mariano Cardona-Torres, 29; and Nestor Gonzalez-Mendez, 23, early Thursday morning.
The four suspects are among 48 alleged dealers or street-level customers who were sought on June 26 in a countywide sweep that followed an 11-month investigation, dubbed "Operation Tourniquet."
The probe focused on the distribution of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and prescription medications by two loosely tied organizations throughout Berks, Lancaster and Schuylkill counties, authorities said.
Berks County detectives arrested another suspect, Samuel Stumhofer, at his home in Hamburg on Thursday morning.
The most recent arrests bring to 17 the number of people still being sought.
A candle is to blame for sparking a fire that displaced four people in Berks County on Thursday, officials said.Read More »
- Reading police seek missing man with Alzheimer's
- Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Cintron looking to make most of fight with Brunson
- BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Berks sheriff nabs attempted homicide suspect
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts