WYOMISSING, Pa. - Several accidents in Berks County closed roads and wreaked havoc on overnight travel.
One person was killed in an accident on Route 222 North, near the merge with Route 422, in Wyomissing around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, police said.
A car hit a disabled vehicle on the side of the road, then another car struck that wreck, police said.
Carlos Erans-Santiago, 52, of Reading, was killed, officials said. Two other people were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Police said they don't think the crash was weather-related, but they are still investigating.
Also Monday night, Interstate 78 near Kutztown was closed after a wreck involving at least three tractor trailers. State police said it happened around 11:30 p.m., and one of the trucks flipped over.
Troopers said there were only minor injuries, but the highway was closed for several hours.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome