READING, Pa. - The Akron Aeros plated two runs in the 9th inning off Kyle Simon. That proved to be the difference as the Fightin Phils fell, 5-4, on Thursday at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Jesse Biddle pitched five strong innings for the Fightins. Offensively, Reading got home runs from Cameron Rupp and Derrick Mitchell. But it was not enough the best the Aeros in the end.
Reading drops to 13-19 and will continue its series with Akron on Friday night at 7:05.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem