READING, Pa. - The Albright men (6-1) kept the hot start to their season going Wednesday night with an 84-61 victory over Widener.
Zach Benjamin poured in a game-high 18 points. Sam Marrella and Kyle Jordan both had 12 points.
Dave Singleton registered nine points, 11 rebounds and nine assists in just 25 minutes of playing time.
Albright's victory marked the worst defeat for the Pride since 2006.
The Albright women (4-3) dropped a tough decision to Widener earlier in the night, 64-55.
Kelecia Harris had a monster night for the Lions, notching 16 points and 15 rebounds for the double-double. Meghan Boyle matched her with 16 points of her own.
The Albright men and women will be at Messiah Saturday afternoon.
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Kingery's 2nd blast propels Fightins to 6th-straight win
- Cosby 'holding up' as jury pick gets underway
- Updated Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- Coroner identifies Lehigh County man killed in Allentown police-involved shooting
- Updated Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer
- Easton's Common Space Kitchen gives food entrepreneurs a launching point
- LIVE original lineup to perform at Musikfest this summer
- Rock icons Godsmack to headline Musikfest Aug. 9
- Lehigh County man charged with attempted homicide
- New Jersey police allege gun company sold defective guns