READING - The Albright men's basketball team gets another shot at cross-town rival Alvernia on Wednesday night at the Bollman Center. The Crusaders handled the Lions by 22 in the first meeting on Jack McCloskey Court.
This is a rivalry that has developed over the last few years. Many of the Albright seniors have talked about how they never expected it to be something this big.
Now it's something they're going to miss after this year.
Alvernia has played well entering the showdown, winning six straight and in place to compete for the top seed in the Commonwealth tournament. Albright needs a big win, having lost four of five and in danger of missing the postseason.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts