READING, Pa. - Alhaji Sarr-Daffee was convicted of robbery and related charges Thursday, after a three-day jury trial before Berks County Judge Thomas Parisi.
At 2 p.m. Aug. 21, 2013, the defendant walked into the Riverfront Federal Credit Union at 430 S. 4th St, in Reading.
Daffee walked up to a teller and presented a note stating: "I need all the money now I have a gun."
The defendant then ran out with $2,270 in cash, but was quickly captured by Reading police.
Sentencing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Aug. 21.
The Oley Valley High School baseball team honored a fallen teammate on Friday.Read More »
- Garner's grand slam propels Blazers in District 3 opener
- Local PIAA Track and Field top finishers
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison