MOOSIC, Pa. - Alvernia topped Johns Hopkins, 10-5, on Wednesday morning in game one of the NCAA Division III Baseball Regional at PNC Field in Moosic.
Junior starter Mike Weinhold, a Conrad Weiser product, went eight innings and struck out seven and fourth-seeded Alvernia (34-9) scored six runs in the fourth inning on its way to the victory.
The Crusaders will meet Kean on Thursday afternoon in the winner's bracket.
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Updated How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem