MOOSIC, Pa. - Alvernia topped Johns Hopkins, 10-5, on Wednesday morning in game one of the NCAA Division III Baseball Regional at PNC Field in Moosic.
Junior starter Mike Weinhold, a Conrad Weiser product, went eight innings and struck out seven and fourth-seeded Alvernia (34-9) scored six runs in the fourth inning on its way to the victory.
The Crusaders will meet Kean on Thursday afternoon in the winner's bracket.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses