The Alvernia men's basketball team won 73-71 in overtime over Lycoming to stay atop the Commonwealth Conference standings on Wednesday night. The Albright men stay right behind them. The Lions won 86-76 over Arcadia.
The Crusaders will square off with the Lions next Wednesday at Alvernia in what is shaping up to be a crucial showdown.
Earlier in the night, the Alvernia women struggled to get it together offensively as Lycoming ran away with a 64-44 victory.
The Alvernia women will meet Albright next Wednesday as well. Both teams are on the outside looking in for the conference playoffs as of now.
The Pennsylvania attorney general's office is asking the judge who sentenced former congressional aide Tim Smith for a harsher sentence.Read More »
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead