The Alvernia men's basketball team won 73-71 in overtime over Lycoming to stay atop the Commonwealth Conference standings on Wednesday night. The Albright men stay right behind them. The Lions won 86-76 over Arcadia.
The Crusaders will square off with the Lions next Wednesday at Alvernia in what is shaping up to be a crucial showdown.
Earlier in the night, the Alvernia women struggled to get it together offensively as Lycoming ran away with a 64-44 victory.
The Alvernia women will meet Albright next Wednesday as well. Both teams are on the outside looking in for the conference playoffs as of now.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts