READING - The Alvernia men and women split with visiting Lycoming on Wednesday night in a meeting between a pair of Commonwealth Conference foes.
The men capped off the night with a sizzling 67-66 win in a rematch of last year's Commonwealth Conference title game.
Alvernia's Chris Davis led all scorers with 16 points as the Crusaders moved to 4-2 on the season.
The women dropped a tough one in the twin bill opener, 65-61. Kaitlyn Yoh and Tyra Roberts led the way for Alvernia with 14 points each.
The Crusaders drop to 4-2 on the season.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death