READING, Pa. - The Alvernia men's basketball team cruised past Lancaster Bible 74-49 Monday night in the Crusaders' home opener.
Alvernia rushed out to a 27-point first half lead. Senior Josh Vargas paced the Crusaders with 15 points. The Alvernia bench tallied 26 points.
The Crusaders are out of the gates with a 3-1 start. Alvernia will return to action Wednesday night when they host Stevenson as part of a men's/women's doubleheader beginning at 6:00.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22