WEST POTTSGROVE TWP., Pa. - The attorney for an Amity Township police corporal accused of shoplifting said his client is eager to clear his name.
Cpl. Glenn Oesterling took groceries without paying for them at the Giant store in West Pottsgrove Twp., Montgomery Co., on two separate occasions in June, police said.
Oesterling's lawyer said his client has many substantial defenses to the charges he faces.
A preliminary hearing is set for July 25.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe