HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - A man's apparent plans to rob a bank in Lebanon County were thwarted by a locked door.
The would-be robber walked into the vestibule of the Fulton Bank, 1374 Heidelberg Ave., also designated as Route 897, in Heidelberg Township, around 9:20 a.m. Friday and put on a black mask, state police said.
That's as far as he got, however, because the bank was closed, according to police.
The man, wearing a gray sweat suit and standing between five feet, 10 inches and six feet tall, turned around and walked off empty-handed.
Anyone with information that can help police identify the would-be robber is asked to contact state police at Jonestown at 717-865-2194.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars