SPRING TWP., Pa. - A Spring Township bartender speaks out after four teenagers broke into a bar and terrorized her before fleeing with the stolen money.
"He made me come around the bar and told me just do everything we say and you will not get hurt," said Olivia Burke, a bartender who was robbed.
Olivia Burke is recounting the moments she found herself alone in Victor's Cafe at the mercy of four robbers.
It happened last Saturday around 3 a.m. in the 1800 block of Penn Ave.
Burke was closing up for the night when she heard loud banging on the door.
"I figured out what was happening. I went to grab my phone to call 911, but they broke in the door before I could hit send," said Burke.
She says the four teenagers barged into the bar wearing masks and hoods to cover their faces.
They immediately asked her where the money was and started emptying out the cash register, while ordering her to grab them two bottles of liquor.
Spring Township Police say the entire robbery unfolded in a matter of four minutes, but the teens got away with $700.
"I live on a farm. I have never experienced anything like this and I am pretty shaken up over it," said Burke.
According to police, the teens were later spotted at Wawa where a witness overheard them talking about saving money for a trip to Hershey Park.
It was through surveillance video at Wawa and Victor's Cafe that police were able to identify the suspects.
The suspects are Marquis White,19, Michael Gaffney,18, Keion Wells,18, and a 14-year-old boy.
Police say they were all living at a group home off of Belmont Avenue where they were arrested early Thursday morning.
"Honestly I am mad about it because it has changed me. I am very alert and aware of things now. I lock doors and things I never used to lock. But I just hope they get them in jail, I hope they learned their lesson," said Burke.
The four suspects are charged with robbery, conspiracy, criminal mischief and other offenses.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem