SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The merger of two of the outdoor industry's largest retailers is now official.
"We are excited to unite these iconic American brands to better serve our loyal customers and fellow outdoor enthusiasts," said Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops' founder and CEO.
Bass Pro's $4.2 billion acquisition of Cabela's has been in the works for nearly a year, with the Federal Trade Commission signing off on the deal in July.
"As we move forward, we are committed to retaining everything customers love about both Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's by creating a 'best-of-the-best' experience that includes the superior products, outstanding customer service and exceptional value our customers have come to expect," Morris said.
Bass Pro, headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, has 100 stores across North America, with its sole Pennsylvania location near Harrisburg; Cabela's, based in Sydney, Nebraska, has 85 stores in the United States and Canada, with its largest being located off Interstate 78 in Berks County, near Hamburg.
The Humane Society of Berks County is experiencing an unexpected overflow of cats.Read More »
- Alvernia students, faculty fan out across Berks for MLK Day
- Man jailed in armed robbery of Turkey Hill in Reading
- Reading immigrants share their stories with library audience
- Gerrymandering case sows doubt in big year for House races
- Wind-driven fire destroys church in Hamburg
- Police seek man who robbed grocery store at gunpoint
- Meteorologist Clayton Stiver's latest forecast for snow
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Updated Allentown group uses MLK Day to focus on students in district
- Updated Reading immigrants share their stories with library audience
- Updated Sinkhole robs 7 families of their Bethlehem homes
- Updated Health Beat: TMR rewires bionic arm
- Updated Positive Parenting: Quality Childcare
- Bump stock ban signed into law in New Jersey
- Show car reported stolen from Bethlehem residence
- Updated Riverbend Community Church to host 'Night to Shine' prom