READING, Pa. - A man who served as an assistant track and field and football coach at Conrad Weiser High School will spend time behind bars.
Benjamin Stopper was sentenced to 11-and-a-half to 23 months in jail after pleading guilty to charges of institutional sexual assault and corruption of a minor.
Stopper will also have to serve four years probation and register as a sex offender.
Berks County detectives said Stopper had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old student, beginning last May.
- Cosby to ask judge for outside jury for criminal trial
- Updated Warming trend to start the week, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities