A former high school coach accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl is heading to trial.
Benjamin Stopper waived his preliminary hearing.
Stopper was an assistant track and field coach and a football coach at Conrad Weiser High School when authorities said he sexually assaulted a 16-year-old student.
Stopper was committed to the Berks County Jail earlier this month when a judge raised his bail after officials said he tried to contact the alleged victim.
A candle is to blame for sparking a fire that displaced four people in Berks County on Thursday, officials said.Read More »
- BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Berks sheriff nabs attempted homicide suspect
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- DYN-A-MITE Auctions a family affair
- Akron avoids sweep with a 4-2 win in Reading
- Firefighters fight 3-alarm fire in Birdsboro
- Coroner called to crash on Route 309 in Lynn Twp.
- Updated Christie's push for opioid cash from insurer hits roadblock
- Updated Muggy and unsettled with showers and a t-storm today
- Updated BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Updated Convicted sex offender twice violated sentence by contacting victim
- Easton police arrest man on drug charges
- Sunrise Chef: Whole Foods
- Updated Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Life Lessons: Men and depression
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital