The man who robbed a Berks County bank on Wednesday has struck again in neighboring Lancaster County, police say.
Dressed in the same clothes, the many who robbed the Metro Bank in Muhlenberg Township on Wednesday struck again on Friday at another Metro bank in East Hempfield Township, Lancaster County.
Authorities have yet to release more details on the East Hempfield robbery.
Back on Wednesday, the man walked inside the Metro Bank in the 3000 block of the North Fifth Street Highway in Muhlenberg Township. The robber, police said, waited his turn in line before approaching a teller with a handgun and saying, "This is no joke. Give me the money."
The robber was described as a white man in his late 30s, standing 5 feet, 10 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds. He was wearing a red jacket with a navy blue vest and a tan baseball cap.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to an arrest.
"We lost it all," says woman whose home was destroyed. "No words can describe it. It's gone. It's gone."Read More »
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Muhlenberg, DeSales and Albright women headed to NCAA Tournament
- Neighbor of man shot by police: 'Fear for my family'
- Bucknell's Nana Foulland earns Patriot League Player of the Year honors
- Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Anti-Semitic threats across Pennsylvania provoke response
- Man arrested for robbing Easton convenience store
- Pending home sales down nationally, but up in the Lehigh Valley
- Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- Former Montana West building sold