HERSHEY, Pa. - The Berks Catholic boys basketball team is making a habit of winning gold medals.
Since becoming Berks Catholic, the Saints have already won back-to-back county titles. Thursday night, B.C. had a chance to repeat as District III champions when they took on Palmyra at the Giant Center.
Behind 15 points from Cooper Kutz and Chris Warren, the Saints reclaimed their District III crown with a 59-42 victory over the Cougars. The win marked the 21st consecutive victory for Snip Esterly's team.
The Saints also got 12 points from Mike Miller and 11 from Connor Jack.
On Friday, the Wilson West Lawn girls will try to bring another District title back to Berks County. The Bulldogs will meet Central Daupin.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Updated LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire