LAURELDALE - Berks Catholic defeated Exeter, 3-0, on Tuesday night at Muhlenberg to capture the BCIAA girl's volleyball championship.
Courtney Wensel paced the Saints with 14 kills. Madison Reagan added ten while Devon Merritt pitched in nine. Olivia Blankenbiller set the table with 33 assists.
Berks Catholic atoned for a sweep at the hands of Exeter in the county final last year.
The Eagles were playing without two of their top players, Sara Wesley and Danielle Faust, who were sidelined with injuries.
Elizabeth Schultz led the way for Exeter with 14 kills.
Both teams now enter the District III tournament. The Saints and Eagles begin play Saturday.
Sunoco Logistics Partners said there's so much interest in its plans to build a natural gas liquids pipeline across southern Pennsylvania that the company will actually build two pipelines.Read More »
- Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill