READING, Pa. - In identical fashion to the girls the night before, the top two boys seeds advanced to the BCIAA championship game on Tuesday night at the Sovereign Center.
The early game was the closest contest played over the two nights combined. (1) Berks Catholic got by (4) Wilson West Lawn, 52-46. The Saints got a huge lift from Mike Miller's late free throws in the game's final minute.
Miller led all scorers with 19 points. Chris Warren added 11 while Nana Foulland finished with 10.
Travaun Coad was the only Bulldog in double figures, scoring 16 points.
In the second game, Berks I champion (2) Reading cruised past Berks III champion (3) Wyomissing, 76-51.
Baba Waples and Gil Benz led the assault for the Red Knights with 18 and 17 points respectively.
Joe Cacchione and Gerald Burns were in double figures for the Spartans. Cacchione had 15 points while Burns had 11.
Reading will play Berks Catholic for the county championship on Friday night at 8:00 at the Sovereign Center.
- Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback