READING - Berks Catholic is out to a perfect 4-0 start and looks to be a player in the Berks II race.
The Saints have three shutouts on the young season and have outscored opponents 46-6.
Led by six returning starters, especially shortstop Brooke Wensel, the Saints have taken plenty of confidence from their strong early play.
If the offense can stay consistent, B.C. likes their chances to stay in the hunt.
Along with the veterans, Courtney Wensel has recovered from a torn ACL and figures to be the Saints' ace. Katrina Balatgek, an all-county basketball player, will also play for the team. B.C. also has a strong freshman class that should help the team compete this year.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Updated Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Updated Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts