LOWER ALSACE TWP., Pa. - The Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl victory set off a celebration that has been 58 years in the making.
As quarterback Nick Foles and his team clinched a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots in Minneapolis late Sunday night, fireworks were set off around Berks County to celebrate the big win.
The celebrations were certainly much more subdued than in Philadelphia, where thousands of people descended on South Broad Street, where social media video showed the awning outside the Ritz-Carlton Hotel collapsing with more than a dozen people on it. It was unclear if anyone was hurt.
In Berks, whether in the comfort of their own homes or among other Eagles fans at sports bars, many Eagles fans around the county were no doubt tuned in to watch the game.
Klinger's on Carsonia in Lower Alsace Township played host to a sold-out Super Bowl party, with excited fans rooting for their team with chants of the Eagles fight song throughout the night.
Other venues, including Klinger's at the Airport, the Pike Cafe, and Trooper Thorns, were also filled with fans.
For Berks fans looking to attend the championship parade in Philadelphia, Klein Transportation announced Monday that it will run buses from Wyomissing and Douglassville. Buses will also pick up fans in King of Prussia, Montgomery County.
While details about the parade have not yet been announced, reservations for the trip can be made now on Klein Transportation's website or by calling 610-385-6700. The cost is $30 per person.
- Reading to hold Craft Time in the Pagoda
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- From restaurants to rails, St. Patrick's Day fun for all
- PSU president meets with community leaders in Reading
- Change of plans: Bear Creek to extend season a few more days
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Weekend weather a pot of gold at the end of a cold week
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News
- Irish dancers perform for 69 News