WASHINGTON TWP., Pa. - Members of one Berks County church say they are praying for thieves who stole two clothing donation bins.
State police say the bins were taken from outside the Bethany Evangelical Church in
Washington Township last week.
Church officials say they were surprised by the theft.
The Rev. Dennis Brubacher said, "Our hearts immediately went out to the fact these people need to be remembered in our prayers, whatever their desperate need might have been."
The church is working on getting new containers, which are about 4 feet by 6 feet.
No arrests have been made.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog