WYOMISSING, Pa. - A fight over flyers is brewing in Wyomissing.
The Berks County Commissioners are coming to the defense of Barry and Deb Schlouch -- co-owners of Schlouch Incorporated.
Commissioner Christian Leinbach says the Operating Engineers Union Local 542 is harassing the Schlouch family and their neighbors.
He says the group is trespassing and scattering flyers in the couple's neighborhood.
One flyer compares Barry to Ebenezer Scrooge.
"We simply want the trespassing to stop and that the public is safe and our family is safe," said Barry Schlouch.
Officials say police are investigating the situation.
The union has not returned our calls for comment.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather