BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - At Oley, Lynx star Brandi Vallely recorded her 1,000th career point in a 54-25 victory over Tulpehocken on Thursday night.
Vallely scored 25 points on the night as Oley Valley overcame a slow start to pull away for the victory.
Oley Valley (9-0, 17-4) will play at Brandywine Heights Tuesday night in a de facto Berks III title game. Tulpehocken (4-5, 10-10) will wrap up the season at Wyomissing Monday night.
In Spring Township, Wilson West Lawn continued its dominance with a 59-34 win over rival Governor Mifflin on senior night.
The lady Mustangs held a one-point lead after the first quarter, but Wilson exploded after that, outscoring Mifflin 49-23 over the final three quarters.
Carley Brew and Mikayla Lea each had 12 points to lead Wilson. Avery Marz added 11.
Emily Gingrich paced the Mustangs with 13 points.
Wilson (9-0, 17-2) will visit Central Dauphin on Saturday afternoon. Governor Mifflin (5-4, 11-9) will also be on the road Saturday for a visit to Pottsville.
At Wyomissing, the Spartans used a decisive third quarter to pull away from Kutztown for a 53-48 victory Thursday night.
Wyo outscored the Cougars by 9 points in the third quarter to help seal their sixth win of the season.
The Spartans had three scorers in double figures. Talisha Torres had 14, Mariah Peppers tallied 11 and Morgan Jones poured in 10.
Kutztown's Hannah Bankes had a big night, scoring a game-high 29 points.
Wyomissing (3-6, 6-14) will head to New Hope Academy on Friday. Kutztown (3-6, 4-16) will finish their season at Antietam on Tuesday night.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit In Philadelphia
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Updated Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philly
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars and wins big
- Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- LVPC offers regional industrial development overview
- Updated Warm again today with some sunshine
- Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity