READING, Pa. - A Reading man charged in a 2012 sex assault against a then 13-year-old girl has turned himself in to police.
Jordan Raymond Sanchez, 19, of the 1100 block of Cotton Street, surrendered to Reading police on Tuesday.
Charges against Sanchez include statutory sexual assault and indecent assault against a person under the age of 16.
According to court records, the alleged crime was reported by the victim's mother.
Police said Sanchez, who was 18 years-old at the time of the alleged assault, admitted to having sexual contact with the girl.
Sanchez posted his $50,000 bail, according to an online court docket.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Scott Kingery named Eastern League Player of the Week
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot bone in sneaker
- Updated DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Updated 3 white men, 2 white woman seated for Cosby jury
- Updated Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Updated Penn State trustees to weigh changes to Greek system
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Updated District attorney investigates deadly police-involved shooting in Allentown