READING, Pa. - A Berks County man could spend the rest of his life behind bars for sexually assaulting three young girls.
A Berks County judge sentenced Jerry Negron to 28 to 71 years in state prison, followed by 15 years of special probation. He was also found to be a sexually violent predator.
Negron, 37, had initially been accused of sexually abusing four girls between the ages of 7 and 15, but he was acquitted in one of the cases.
The crimes occurred at various locations in Mount Penn, Lower Alsace Township and at Blue Marsh Lake between 2005 and 2015, according to detectives with the district attorney's office.
It's not yet officially winter, and we're already on the third snowfall in the region in a week's time.Read More »
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Judge dismisses charges against attempted homicide suspect
- Bell Alley Pretzel saved; 'Now, I can do what I love'
- Time to hit slopes at Bear Creek Mountain Resort
- Bear Creek opens slopes for season
- Chilly, dry Sunday with a bit of wintry mix possible overnight
- Updated Allentown man hit, killed by car while running across I-78
- Updated Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Updated Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Updated Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America
- Updated Bear Creek opens slopes for season
- Updated Christmas tree toss for charity
- Updated Catasauqua students shop with an airport cop
- Updated Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- Updated 2 charged in Monroe burglaries