SHILLINGTON, Pa. - Governor Mifflin trio John Catchmark, Eric Mock and Zach Sczepkowski, along with Berks Catholic's Patrick Causa, were selected to the Pennsylvania roster for the Big 26 Baseball Classic in Harrisburg.
Catchmark, Sczepkowski and Causa will participate in the event over the weekend, which runs from Friday-Sunday at Metro Bank Park, home of the Harrisburg Senators. Game 1 is set for Friday night at 7:05.
All three players are excited to represent Berks County and prove that the quality of baseball in the region can match up with the best.
The trio is also looking forward to playing with some of the top players on the east coast, something that will only raise the level of their game.
All three have known each other for a long time, playing baseball together at a very young age. They say that's one of the best parts of being selected to compete in this event.
They get to play, together, on a big stage in honor of their county and state.
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown