BERKS COUNTY, Pa. - The holiday tournament schedule can sometimes feature great games on the basketball court. For Reading, it often means a game or two against teams from District 1 as they try to test themselves outside of the league. The Red Knights did just that Thursday when they faced Pottstown.
Reading passed the test easily as they rolled 71-46 over the Trojans. Jalan Branford led the Red Knights with 17 points. Meme Burdine added 14.
Reading will face Dunbar (Md.) Friday night at 7:30 in the title game.
At Wyomissing, the Spartans hosted their holiday tournament Thursday.
On the boys side, Schuylkill Valley edged the host Spartans 63-62. The Panthers' Jared Chelius was the game's high scorer with 26 points. Joe Cacchione paced Wyo with 21.
Schuylkill Valley will face Exeter, who defeated Oxford 53-50 earlier in the day. The Eagles are now 8-0.
As for the girls, Wyomissing took care of Pottstown 42-26. Demi Kuczala and Elke Cacchione scored in double-digits for the lady Spartans.
Exeter suffered a tough defeat, losing 39-37 to Conestoga Valley.
Wyomissing will play the Conestoga Valley Friday at 5:00 in the championship game. The boy's game will follow.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Updated Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Updated Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Updated Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart