RUSCOMBMANOR TWP., Pa. - An area teenager is being hailed a hero after he jumped into action along Route 662 in Ruscombmanor Twp., Berks Co.
Kylar Meier, 19, drives that road every day. But, what he was not prepared for was to see an accident unfold right before his eyes Wednesday afternoon.
"I saw three cars in front of me immediately brake. And I was thinking, probably an accident," said Kylar Meier. "Then I see this truck sliding on its roof, sliding down the hill spinning."
Despite car after car driving by without offering help, Meier tells us he did not give it a second thought. He jumped out of his car and into action.
"I was yelling to them and tried opening all four doors. Not one door opened and then I told them to cover up their faces and I kicked the window out," said Meier.
After kicking out the windows, Meier tells us he laid down his sweatshirt over the glass so the people could escape the vehicle. He then waited with them for help to arrive.
"That is all I was worried about, just are these people ok. Because if that was me, I would have wanted somebody to do the same thing," said Meier.
Meier tells us both the driver and passenger were wearing seat belts and he is grateful they walked away from the accident unharmed, but he hopes this serves as a reminder to drivers to slow down on Route 662.
Berks County will no longer provide sheriff or emergency services department resources for the popular Reading 120 bicycle race in 2017.Read More »
- UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Millersville women edge Kutztown in PSAC Tournament opener
- Middletown's buzzer-beater sinks Berks Catholic in District 3 semis
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Nearly record warmth this afternoon and tomorrow with a few showers
- It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Updated Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting