RUSCOMBMANOR TWP., Pa. - An area teenager is being hailed a hero after he jumped into action along Route 662 in Ruscombmanor Twp., Berks Co.
Kylar Meier, 19, drives that road every day. But, what he was not prepared for was to see an accident unfold right before his eyes Wednesday afternoon.
"I saw three cars in front of me immediately brake. And I was thinking, probably an accident," said Kylar Meier. "Then I see this truck sliding on its roof, sliding down the hill spinning."
Despite car after car driving by without offering help, Meier tells us he did not give it a second thought. He jumped out of his car and into action.
"I was yelling to them and tried opening all four doors. Not one door opened and then I told them to cover up their faces and I kicked the window out," said Meier.
After kicking out the windows, Meier tells us he laid down his sweatshirt over the glass so the people could escape the vehicle. He then waited with them for help to arrive.
"That is all I was worried about, just are these people ok. Because if that was me, I would have wanted somebody to do the same thing," said Meier.
Meier tells us both the driver and passenger were wearing seat belts and he is grateful they walked away from the accident unharmed, but he hopes this serves as a reminder to drivers to slow down on Route 662.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival