ATGLEN, Pa. - A Berks County woman was killed in a three-vehicle accident in Chester County on Thursday.
Carol Ann Rissmiller died in the crash on Route 41, near Lower Valley Road, in Atglen, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
The accident happened around 3:45 p.m., when a southbound vehicle crossed into the northbound lane, according to police.
That vehicle struck the driver's side of the second vehicle. After the collision, the first vehicle continued south in the northbound lane, colliding with the front of the vehicle in which Rissmiller was a front-seat passenger.
Police said all three drivers were taken to either Lancaster General Hospital or Jennersville Hospital. Rissmiller was taken to Lancaster General Hospital, where she died of her injuries.
A backseat passenger in Rissmiller's vehicle was also taken to Lancaster General for treatment.
A disturbing discovery inside an apartment in Berks County early Tuesday morning has led to criminal charges being filed against the couple who lives there.Read More »
- Winter storm warning for Berks through 8 p.m. Wednesday
- Driver arrested after interstate chase through 4 counties
- Communication between township, mall owner 'more amiable'
- Muhlenberg OKs several projects, including new McDonald's
- Political analyst foresees hard-fought race for 6th District
- Jury seated for trial of parents charged in daughter's death
- Updated Spring begins with light wintry mix; steadier snow Wednesday
- Updated Berks couple charged after dead baby found inside apartment
- Updated Driver arrested after interstate chase through 4 counties
- Turnpike announces restrictions due to approaching storm
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show Preview Gala canceled
- Updated Northampton Co. ordinance to help redevelop blighted properties
- Updated Snow emergencies in place for local counties
- Updated Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Transit riders warned of disruptions due to storm
- Community health center opens in Easton's West Ward