The Berks County/Lancaster-Lebanon team is still alive at the Carpenter Cup. But they'll need to win out in order to bring home the hardware.
Berks/L-L prevailed in their opener against Lehigh Valley on Monday. But Jersey Shore got the better of them later in the afternoon.
The team plays in what it hopes will be its first elimination game Wednesday morning against the Suburban One/Bicentennial team. 9:00 first pitch at FDR Park in Philadelphia.
Berks/L-L is confident moving forward. The players haven't been together long, but they've showed some early promise and the ability to win.
The Oley Valley High School baseball team honored a fallen teammate on Friday.Read More »
- Garner's grand slam propels Blazers in District 3 opener
- Local PIAA Track and Field top finishers
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison