HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - Family entertainment was yours for the taking Friday at a children's home in Heidelberg Township.
Bethany Children's Home on Bethany Road held its annual Anniversary Day and Community Festival.
It's a tradition that began back in the 1870s.
"It's been going on ever since. It's a celebration of our ministry, of helping homeless children," said Kevin Snyder, CEO, Bethany Children's Home.
The event featured food, music, crafts, games and fireworks.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses