READING - The Reading Royals scored five goals in the third period and rolled to a 6-2 win over Orlando on Wednesday night at Santander Arena.
Trailing 2-1 entering the final period, the Royals blitzed the Solar Bears with four goals in the first six minutes.
Kevin Walrod and Greg Wolfe had two goals apiece. Matt Campanale and T.J. Syner added the other two goals to help Reading clinch the Atlantic Division title.
The Royals will host Kalamazoo on Friday and Saturday in a pair of huge games. Reading is two points up on the K-Wings for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations