LYONS, Pa. - Daniel Boone and Brandywine Heights won their semifinal games on Monday night in Lyons to clinch their berths in the BCIAA championship game.
The top-seeded Blazers escaped (5) Kutztown with a 3-2 win in 10 innings. Nicole Kovach hit the winning RBI-single to keep Boone's perfect record in tact and give them a spot in the county final.
In the early game, (2) Brandywine Heights won 11-1 over (3) Hamburg. The Bullets will face Boone in the final for the second time in three years.
The championship game will be Wednesday night at 7:00 in Lyons.
A man who robbed two stores within hours of each other in Berks County on Wednesday is now behind bars, according to police, who said they believe the same suspect may have committed other holdups in Berks and Lehigh counties.Read More »
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- Prosecutors seek harsher sentence for ex-congressional aide
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- WFMZ's Lauren Kusik dances with the Lehigh Valley stars
- Updated Police standoff underway in Bethlehem
- Updated Allentown doctor pleads guilty to tax crimes
- Local lacrosse teams raise money for cancer charity
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying