BIRDSBORO, Pa. - Authorities have identified the woman whose body was found in a small wooded area of Berks County on Wednesday.
The victim was identified Thursday as Michelle Amos, 49, of Robeson Township, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
Amos' body was found just after 11 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of West Main Street/Route 724 in Birdsboro, about 2-1/2 miles from the home where the married mother of five children lived.
State police are calling her death suspicious, and investigators said they hope neighbors may have seen something that can help with the case.
"It's not an isolated roadway. 724 coming in from the west into Birdsboro," said PSP Trooper David Beohm, a public information officer for Reading-based Troop L. "There's some businesses there. "If anybody saw anything, even if you think it's not important at all, please call us and let our investigators decide it's not important information for us to have."
State police are asking anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area to call 610-378-4011.
"We've had huge complaints from our residents about speed in their developments," said Sgt. David Bentz with the Exeter Township Traffic Safety Unit.Read More »
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Kutztown police: Graffiti is not art; it's vandalism
- Eagles fever spreading as NFC Championship game nears
- Reading Hospital dedicates part of campus to Berks couple
- Economist: New tax law may have limited impact on job growth
- Restaurant employee helps save customer's life
- Updated Violent car crash occurs near Sands Casino in Bethlehem
- Updated Firefighters quickly douse Easton church fire
- Updated Another mild day Sunday with clouds increasing later in the day
- Updated FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Afghan hotel attack ends, Taliban claim
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel