WYOMISSING, Pa. - Everyone loves to get lost in a good book and readers in Berks County had thousands of options this past weekend.
The Friends of Berks County Public Libraries and the Reading branch of the American Association of University Women teamed up for the annual Book Bonanza.
More than 50,000 books were available at the used book sale.
Proceeds from the sale are shared between the AAUW, the Berks County Public Libraries System Headquarters and the Friends and is used to support the countywide Summer Reading Program for kids and to support scholarships within Berks County.
The sale was held at the VF Outlet Center in Wyomissing.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer