EXETER TWP., Pa. - Shoppers in parts of Maryland and New Jersey will soon able to say they "Boscov'd" today.
Berks County-based Boscov's is opening two new stores. It's the department store chain's second expansion since it emerged from bankruptcy.
Boscov's said it will return to White Marsh Mall in Baltimore in November. Boscov's left the mall when it filed for bankruptcy in 2008.
"I'm glad we are returning to White Marsh Mall. It was a great store, and we look forward to creating a new, more exciting Boscov's in the Baltimore area," said Al Boscov, the chain's chairman and CEO, who has guided the company to record sales and profitability since buying it back and returning to the helm in 2008.
The other new Boscov's store will open at Woodbridge Center in Woodbridge, N.J., in Aug. 2013.
"The prospect of expanding our presence in New Jersey and the Woodbridge Mall in particular represents an exciting opportunity for Boscov's," said Boscov.
The chain ended up in bankruptcy court, Boscov said in 2008, because its former owners opened 10 new stores in areas the Boscov name was unfamiliar to shoppers.
Those stores were later closed as part of the company's efforts to restructure and emerge from bankruptcy. Boscov's began to grow again last October, opening its 40th store in Monmouth, N.J. and boosting its number of employees to about 7,500.
- Updated Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Updated How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Updated Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem