READING, Pa. - A 10-year-old boy who was rescued from a burning home in Reading has died, officials said.
The fire broke out around 4:25 p.m. on the second floor of the three-story home in the 1100 block of Elm Street.
The boy was trapped on the third floor of the home, and firefighters managed to get him out and into a waiting ambulance, officials said.
The child, whose name has not been released, was rushed to the hospital, where a deputy chief said he died a short time later.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts