READING, Pa. - A 14-year-old boy was arrested Tuesday in connection with the attack of a bicyclist on the Thun Trail in Reading over the weekend.
The Oakbrook boy is one of at least a half-dozen people involved in the attack on the trail late Saturday night, police said.
The victim, Sean Rotkiske, was biking home from a birthday party when he was stabbed three times.
"When we got to the road, you could see blood coming through my clothes, and I raised my arm and he saw the cut through my riding coat," Rotkiske told 69 News after his release from the hospital.
The boy in custody was questioned by police earlier Saturday night in connection with a case of theft and vandalism on Logan Street in Reading, but he was let go, police said.
He was then treated at St. Joseph Medical Center for cuts police said he suffered in the stabbing on the Thun Trail, said police, adding that the attack was a random act of violence and not a robbery.
The boy was charged with attempted homicide and aggravated assault.
Anyone with information about the attack or the other people involved can call Crime Alert Berks County toll-free at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire