LYONS, Pa. - Brandywine Heights will take on Wilson West Lawn on Thursday night for the BCIAA Softball Championship at Lyons.
The Bullets and Bulldogs advanced through Tuesday's semifinals. One in convincing fashion, the other with late drama.
4th-seeded Wilson got the afternoon started with a 10-0 victory over top-seeded and previously undefeated Twin Valley. Kelly Ebner tossed a three-hitter for Wilson. Brittany Smith led the attack offensively, with two doubles and a pair of RBIs.
The late game provided much more drama. In a rematch of last year's county title game, 2nd-seeded Brandywine Heights edged defending champion and 3-seed Daniel Boone, 3-2.
The Bullets scored two runs in the bottom of the 7th to stun the Blazers and book a spot in Thursday's championship game.
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Museum field trip a donation in photographer's memory
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Trump's first 100 days: Alvernia professor weighs in
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Updated Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business